AG action in Michigan

I’m in Michigan as well and would like some info on this

3 Likes

Awesome Ryan! Check back here soon, I’m going to be posting info in the facebook groups as well!

1 Like

@Laura_Hanna, I texted @Christina_Hammond and let her know of our upcoming work on this in Michigan. We’re all on board on this action.

2 Likes

I would love to collaboratively help where I can - please keep me updated on next steps!

2 Likes

I’m using the template as we speak to make one for our AG. Check this out @KWeihl, I found out how to search all the people in individual states in the FB groups. This may be helpful @Laura_Hanna @ajabsdlgnasekr @Thomas_Gokey in getting some outreach for these AG letters. We can search any FB group by state or city, I’m sharing how to do this in a post soon. This is going to be great for organizing with these AGs.

Ai https://www.facebook.com/search/196721303770639/members/109706309047793/residents/intersect

Everest
https://www.facebook.com/search/833008023378824/members/109706309047793/residents/intersect

ITT
https://www.facebook.com/search/1531880060416772/members/109706309047793/residents/intersect

1 Like

Hey @Robbie_Tribble for some reason I thought you lived in CA. I’m sorry about that.

I think it is awesome that you can find people from different states on FB.

I’m going to be adding some new templates for different states soon. I can try to start with MI. Adapting the templates is easy and quick. The tricky thing is trying to identify the correct contact person in each state to have people send these letters.

2 Likes

We have an entirely new FB Argosy Group with 1700 people that formed in just the last month as well, I’m doing outreach with the admins to point them in the right direction. I just found out about this group yesterday. Argosy Action Public Group | Facebook

Link for Michigan residents in this group : https://www.facebook.com/search/148870976064669/members/109706309047793/residents/intersect

2 Likes

Wow, this is great. Thanks, Robbie. Let’s get some letters going!

3 Likes

Hey @Robbie_Tribble I’ve got the Michigan AG action up here: Michigan Attorney General Action

I’ve rewritten the template to try to really drive home early what it is specifically we are demanding (a group wide discharge application).

Can you start recruiting everyone from MI from the various Facebook groups to help get all of them to send this letter?

We could also use more letters from Wisconsin Wisconsin Attorney General Action

and Connecticut Connecticut Attorney General Action

We don’t have any leads at all within the AG offices from those states, and having more letters sent might help us get a response.

I will be adding additional states soon. Thank you!!!

3 Likes

I can’t seem to comment on the new post @Thomas_Gokey, but my wife and I have sent in our letter. Thank you for the help Thomas. :heart: :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Working on New Jersey in the same way Robbie. Thanks for all the hard word.

3 Likes

Another Michigan guy here looking for info. Went to ITT-Tech and already filed my individual debt forgiveness app two and a half years ago. I have heard nothing back from that. Would like to file a group one that I’m just learning about on here or anything else that would be beneficial. Thanks

3 Likes

It’s real easy, just copy and paste the above letter, add your story, and email it to your AG! You can also contact other reps in your state and tell them to push the AG towards Group Wide Discharge.

1 Like

It’s right here @Austin2720 : Michigan Attorney General Action

1 Like

Hi Ryan,
Did you file a letter with your AG? What was their response?

Dawn

HI @Austin2720,
Did you get the letter sent to you AG?

I JUST received a letter in the mail today! Here is the response (see attached). This makes me hopeful! NESSEL_AG response.pdf (531.6 KB)

2 Likes

I think I got the same response, I’ll post it later. I normally just snap a photo, but I was going to wait until I got to the scanner at work tomorrow.

Just figured out how to attach it - (dah!) Look in my thread above…

1 Like

Yep. We got the same one you did @KWeihl

1 Like