Our platform has been a long time in development. But it is finally here!
Please create an account to access the following features:
• A series of collectives organized by debt type that people can join
• A calendar where organizers and members will be posting events and actions
• A wiki where you can learn more about debts of all kinds, including tips and tricks for stopping collections
• A new-and-improved series of debt dispute tools. You helped us test the tools, and we learned from your feedback. Now they are even better. Please use them and share them with others.
• A media page called “The Power Report” where you can see member profiles, check out artwork by members and supporters, read commentary about the news and find out about campaigns that Debt Collective organizers and members are participating in.
The centerpiece of our new platform is our community forum (where you are now!). The community is a place where debtors cab post, read others’ posts, and meet and talk with other people. This is a key part of our platform because we are dedicated to grassroots organizing and to developing democratic decision making together. This means that YOU will have a voice in deciding what we all do together to fight back against creditors, collectors and the government agencies that are extracting from us.
As one of the first to join the platform, we would love your help testing out our new features and letting us know about any glitches or problems. We also welcome your suggestions for how we can make this space more user friendly.
The Debt Collective