Predatory private universities

I am new to this site. I have a question about Trident University International (TUI). TUI (private, for-profit school) and other part-time faculty with another well-known public CA university lagged way behind (took unreasonable amounts of time to return dissertation feedback, faculty transfers, etc) causing the delay in my graduation. I ended up with 2.5 additional years in the program because of this. Now I’m left with $200,000+ in student loans. I’m not in my 30’s or 40’s anymore and will never pay this off. I worry about failing health now, mortgage payments, and retirement.

I appreciate your reading my brief backstory. I said all of that to ask this:

How can I dispute this debt with TUI ?

**Everything I read simply is some “student debt consolidation scam” or other “programs” disguised under different names – but, with the same empty conclusions (and oh, they take your money without help).

My question : how can I dispute (and to whom) about TUI?

Hi @Gmba1998

I would recommend filing a borrower defense to repayment directly through the Department of Education here: https://borrowerdischarge.ed.gov/

No guarantees it will work, or how long it will take, as DeVos is doing everything she can to limit discharges even when there is overwhelming evidence of fraud.

We are going to have to get organized and win deep structural changes. We’re doing that: