On only disability but Sallie Mae turn my loan over to a collection agency and the college didn't care either

They are forcing you to pay during this pandemic? That’s not right.
The Loans are private?

Yes they are. I got turn down for disability discharge on my Sallie Mae loan because I was on disability when I took out the loan that just show what a dirty student loan company they are they should have this denied me the student loans because I am just on disability. In the first place. The college I also told them on disability. But they only care about making money and not about human beings.

Stories like yours make my blood boil, these companies and authoritative figures pervert justice. They never care for the common man’s plight.
Debt for education makes absolutely no sense, to truly advance a society everyone should have the chance to be educated for free.
Our society is getting dumber due to this Greed, education and profit should not be parallel with one another.

1 Like

You are so right.

1 Like

I totally agree with you! Very well put!! That is absolutely correct!! Such a dirty shame!

1 Like

I’ve walked in your shoes. As I said in the other thread, they cannot do anything to you. They cannot garnish SSDI or SSI for any private debt of any kind including private student loans. Tell them to stuff it. Above all, do not let tgem intimidate you.

I won’t thank you.

1 Like