NDSL SCAMs You When You Meet Cancellation Requirements

Lookup Arielle Gray’s story on HuffPost Personal. After her loan was closed legitimately, the NDSL coerced her into signing a form which reinstated her loan obligations–irrregardless of her legitimate cancellation, they had previously accepted. They tried it on me after a Medical condition which exonerated my obligation. They begged and threatened me to sign the form and send it in. I didn’t; that’s how my NDSL was permanently cancelled.

1 Like

I’m not specifically familiar with NDSL but there are a lot of scams out there and people need to be careful. You can file a report with the CFPB and the FTC about this particular scam.

Thanks

I was scammed by people who called me for three days straight, then when I told them it was a bad time. They called me once a month until they sold me a pitch I fell for that cost me $498.99 to Consolidate my loans into a new loan, instead of helping seek loan forgiveness under the Obama Student Loan Forgiveness they claimed to represent. Now I’m in bed with Navient as my loan servicer for a loan that is over 30 years old. My school no longer exist and my transcripts can’t be found. Those scammers preyed on my venerability after I told them my son was just paralyzed at a hospital from a medical error. I am going on 60 years old, and this loan won’t be forgiven until I’m in my 90’s

@Melva_Marsha_Powell I am so very sorry to hear that this happened to you. It makes me so angry.

You can submit complaint with the FTC here: - FTC Complaint Assistant

Do you have documentation from which particular company scammed you, or who the individual person was who worked to prepare these loan consolidation forms for you? If you do, I would be very interested to take a closer look at this with you. I can’t make you any promises, but these scammers boil my blood and if there is anyway I can make what they did to you painful for them, I would love to do that.

If you have any documentation, or would like to follow up, the best way is probably to send me an email at thomas@debtcollective.org