My School Added Random Money without telling me, now I’m in debt

For my first semester of college I went to Northern a Kentucky University, before I went, I had all of my papers done and a balance of -$3,330, I was supposed to be getting money back from the university even after dorms and a meal plan. Somehow that fell through even after I met the requirements off all of my scholarships, and now I owe $5100 in debt before I can go back to school. I also had issues with the school after my roommate tried to commit suicide, I was scarred by that yet the school didn’t do anything except for let her back into the dorm, where she kept bringing her boyfriend without consulting me or any of my roommates and he ended up cohabiting with us in an all female dorm. I reported it on multiple occasions yet nothing was done. It ended up in an argument between all of the roommates. I was especially angry because I was uncomfortable in my own dorm and she kept having sex with him in the room without giving any of us warning so we could leave. She even woke me up in the morning by her moaning. So I left the school, they wouldn’t do anything to help me so I withdrew. Now I’m in therapy for emotional distress, anxiety, and depression.

1 Like

Do you have any of the paperwork behind this? If you do, there might be something that can be done to get that money back now.

When it comes to the issues with your roommate and her boyfriend, I’m not sure what can be done. You could try calling the school’s counselling services, Title IX officers, or HR and explain the situation. They may or may not be able to do anything, but if anyone can do something they might be able to refer you to the right place.