Get Started By Telling Your Story

To get started, let’s share our stories of going into debt to buy a car. Your fellow debtors want to hear from you. You can even share an image that tells your story better than words, if you prefer.

1 Like

Hello,

My Name is Deiona, I heard from my fiance about your groups work with bad Car loans that showed up on “Last Week Tonight”. I purchased my 2009 Kia Optima in January of 2012. My mother cosigned as the primary buyer. The auto loan holds a very high interest rate and a monthly payment of $408.00. My mother was diagnosed with Lupus and financial struggles associated with supporting her as well as my siblings in addition to assuming primary responsibility of the car, made things difficult. Due to issues renewing the registration because of my mother’s traffic tickets, she was removed from “ownership” of the vehicle. Though she is still partially responsible for the loan, I receive no financial assistance from her to make the payments. As of 8/14/2019 (7 years later), there is a $7,483.97 payoff balance. Payment history indicates that there were countless payments that only applied to interest and not principle. At this time, the vehicle is currently in storage as there are unresolved issues with the engine. I am still required to make payments as well as maintain insurance and storage fees.

I’m hoping that I can find some sort of help here, I’ve been trying for a very long time to deal with this, but I feel like there’s no end to this.