Former owners of Corinthian Colleges were former executives of National Education Center

I attended National Education Center in 1989.
The school closed in 1990. I recently found out the former owners of Corinthian Colleges were also the former executives of a closed for-profit school called National Education Center. The executives purchased some of the NEC schools and renamed them Corinthian Colleges.

I stopped receiving student loan debt notices around 2000. I assumed they stopped because my school was closed or the Department of Education canceled the loan balance after ten years. A debt relief company scammed me in 2017 who said he would get my loan discharged under the Obama forgiveness program if I paid $498.99.

I got a letter from Navient in 2018 telling me I was on the income-driven repayment plan because the debt relief company consolidated my loan for more than the loan amount to pay for a school I never attended.

Can anyone tell me if I have a chance to get my loan canceled under the Borrower Defense to repay? If I do not get the loan canceled, the balance will not be discharged until I am in my 90s?

I wrote this story on July 9, 2022, about the former owners of Corinthian Colleges who were the executive directors at the former National Education Centers. NEC closed in 1990 because of High default rates, misleading students, and fraud. National Education Centers we’re put up for sale. The five executives of the National Education Centers decided to buy the schools and avoid making the same mistakes that happened at NEC. They lobbied to have laws changed to protect them, and in return, they donated money to their campaigns.

Corinthian College owners could stay in business for nearly 20 years, making billions defrauding students. They were able to avoid being held accountable for defrauding students at National Education Center, but people who billions of dollars in profit for taking advantage of innocent people eventually get caught.

I need people to contact their State Representatives, the Department of Education, and the Biden Administration and tell them to investigate the connection between The sale of the former National Education Center executive directors and how much money the Corinthian College owners paid to purchase their former schools. President Biden canceled all Corinthian College loans from 1995- 2013. My student loan should be grandfathered in.

You should for sure file a borrower defense for repayment for National Education Center @Melva_Marsha_Powell . You can do that here: Federal Student Aid