**Department of Education to hold Public Hearings... request to participate. **

"The U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Postsecondary Education announced today that it will hold virtual public hearings on June 21, 23, and 24 to receive stakeholder feedback on potential issues for future rulemaking sessions.

These issues include borrower defense to repayment for students harmed by their colleges’ misleading practices and gainful employment requirements to protect students and taxpayers from poor-performing programs. They also include loan repayment and improving the rules governing targeted student loan cancellation authorities for borrowers engaged in public service, with disabilities, or whose institutions close, among other topics.

This process of issuing new regulations reflects the Department’s commitment to serving students and borrowers well and protecting them from harmful programs and practices that may derail their postsecondary and career goals…"

“The hearings will be held from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM and 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM (EST) on June 21, 23, and 24. Individuals who would like to make comments at the public hearings must register by sending an email message to negreghearing@ed.gov no later than 12:00 PM (EST) on the business day prior to the public hearing at which they wish to speak.”

Read all in release…

https://www.ed.gov/news/press-releases/department-educations-office-postsecondary-education-announces-public-hearings-protections-students-loan-repayment-targeted-loan-cancellation-programs-and-other-higher-education-regulations

3 Likes

I have sent a request. Thank you for posting. I have seen the more people that register to attend these hearings the stronger our voices are. I hope to many of you there.

1 Like