Defense To Repayment

I went to school in the late 80’s and it was an unacredited school. They told me I could go onto get my masters and only have to take a couple of classes. About 7 years after I graduated, I called a school to see if I could transfer and how many classes could I transfer. They told me they would only accept 1 to 2 class credits I had taken. Do you think it is too late for me to file for this? I am not certain how I could prove anything.

1 Like

Hi @freeprincess,

I would recommend filing a borrower defense to repayment application. I’m not sure what the result will be, but it won’t hurt.

You can file it directly with the Department of Education here:

In terms of proof, your own story is also evidence. So I would describe your situation in as much detail as you can. Attach documentation if you have it, but don’t worry if you don’t have any or much.