Congress could override Trump's VETO on borrower defense law on Friday

It wouldn’t hurt to call your representative before Friday and tell them to overturn this veto. This is especially important if you are represented by a Republican. Almost all of the Dems will vote to overturn this, and it seems few Republicans will too, but it is going to take a lot more of them.

So if you are pissed off about getting a denial and are looking for something to do, this is something really simple you could do. You if your member of congress doesn’t vote to overturn this veto, then you could also write a letter to the editor of a local newspaper and specifically call them out by name. It’s stupid I know, but that is what is important to these folks and gets their attention.

5 Likes

Is anyone really surprised at this point?
It’s a kangaroo court, i’d rather be sent to the Gulag, than deal with these incompetent loonies.

Sad. But we will re-group and win this war. There is no other option. Student and former students with debt will win. It has taken time and set backs but my god we have made progress even in the simplest form of bringing this issue to the forefront.

2 Likes