Community Call: What to do if your Borrower Defense (DTR application) is denied

Hi there,

You are invited to a Zoom meeting. This call is for our Debt Collective members that received a denial notice on a DTR application. We will share updates and, together, learn about what next steps can be taken. This is an organizing call to build power around student debt cancellation. You are not a loan!

Register in advance for the session that works best for you:

Friday 8/21 9am pst/ 12pm est/
DTR Morning Call

-or-

Friday 4:30pm pst/7:30 est
DTR evening call

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.

p.s. this is different then the Private Student Loan call on Tuesday. Two different topics.

(shout out: @student_debt)

7 Likes

Hi Dawn, I’d like to join the 12pm est call. Thanks!

1 Like

Friday @ 4:30

1 Like

Friday Aug 21st 9am pst/ 12pm est works for me

1 Like

Friday Aug 21st 9am pst/ 12pm est

1 Like

Although I haven’t been denied (yet) I would still like to listen in to the call so I know what the path forward/conversations may be. 12pmEST

1 Like

I’m join the later one at 4:30pm

Seth Pontiff

1 Like

The 4:30 pm appointment please.

1 Like

The evening call works best for me.

1 Like

Hi Dawn, the evening phone call on Friday will be work great for me.

1 Like

I would like to be on Friday morning. Can we invite folks from the FB groups, too? We have been getting a ton of blanket denials and there is a lot of anxiety now that we are denied after so long. Some, like me, have loans that are now back in default.

1 Like

I can attend the zoom for Friday Aug 21st 4:30pm pst

1 Like

The earlier time is better for me, but either is fine.
thx!

1 Like

I’ll do the Friday morning call.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi there,

May I have the details for the 8/18/2020 Private Student Loans call?

Have a great day,

TL McClendon
tmacskates@yahoo.com

Dawn_L
August 17

This Friday we will host two calls to discuss the state of Borrower Defense and the waves of massive denials. YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

or
Friday Aug 21st 4:30pm pst/7:30pm pst

Please let us know WHICH session you can join. Then you will get an email with a calendar link and the information to join zoom.

p.s. this is different then the Private Student Loan call on Tuesday. Two different topics.

2 Likes

Aug 21st 9:00am

1 Like

7:30 est please

1 Like

Hey Dawn. I’m assuming that the Friday, August 21, is 7:30 EST LOL!(although it says pst?) if so, I can attend Friday, August 19, at 7:30pm est.

Pam Hunt

Dawn_L
August 17

This Friday we will host two calls to discuss the state of Borrower Defense and the waves of massive denials. YOU ARE NOT ALONE.

or
Friday Aug 21st 4:30pm pst/7:30pm pst

Please let us know WHICH session you can join. Then you will get an email with a calendar link and the information to join zoom.

1 Like

Hi.
I would like to attend the Friday, 9 am est session.
Thanks,
Dawn

1 Like

Hi Dawn. I would like to join the 730PM EST call. Thanks.

1 Like