Chicago, Illinois Chapter

Hi! Wondering if this already exists?
I’m also from Atlanta, Georgia and would be down to collaborate with folks in my hometown remotely.

Chicago! We’d love to have you join us at our Bay Area Zoom Headquarters on Wednesday nights at 6pm. Contact me at lavishpraise@gmail if you want more info…

@prosper Yes we do have a Chicago chapter! @Jennifer_Lezan & @Ami_Schneider are organizing a chapter there

1 Like

Hi Prosper - we do have an active chapter. We meet virtually 2 times a month on Tuesdays. Email me at: JenniferLezan@gmail.com or our chapter email: chicagodebtcollective@gmail.com and I can add you to our email list for meeting reminders. We would love to have ya. Our next meeting is Tuesday Dec. 29th at 730PM CST – Jen

Hi! I’m in Chicago and looking to organize with local union members.

@justineade92 you should connect with @Jennifer_Lezan!!

Thanks Winter! connected with Justine last week!

• Jen

Hi Victoria here from Evanston! As a 62 yr old, who has 160k in debt, and has lived her ENTIRE adult life (since the 1980s) with student loan debt, I am ready to speak out, take action and be a spokesperson for our cause. I am so done and so tired of the injust system. Where do I begin? How do I begin? I already contacted local gov. folks to no avail. I am serious! I am willing to be a spokesperson for our cause. As a pioneer of this issue, I know the time is NOW. Can anyone help in getting me started on getting this old woman’s voice heard at Capitol Hill?

Do we have a Chicago chapter?

Not that I am aware of. I wish there was one. If there is one, what is the contact info.? Victoria

Hi all – Jen Lezan here - the Co-coord of the Chicago chapter of Debt Collective. As noted at the start of this thread, there is a local Chicago chapter - we are NOT meeting in person, though. We have been coordinating for the last few years - sorry I haven’t been active on the threads, but currently we have been collectively organizing online and keeping those in Illinois up to date via our newsletter. You can sign up for the newsletter here:

DC Chicago Chapter Email Sign Up Link (feel free to share with people who want to be on our email list: https://bit.ly/3qHPsaa

You can email us any questions at: chicagodebtcollective@gmail.com

Yours in Solidarity,
Jen

I’m a student debtor seeking group about debtors.