Cease and Desist letter/template

Just wondering if there’s a link on the Debt Collective website that directs a user to get help with creating and sending a cease and desist letter to a collector? I didn’t notice anything on the “Tools” page. If there isn’t one, I think it’d be useful to add or direct a user to a template and information on how to proceed with such a letter.

Thanks.

1 Like

NOTICE TO CEASE AND DESIST
From ____________________ ____________________ ____________________
Date _______________
Re: Stop ALL Debt Collection Calls
Dear ____________________,
This letter is in response to the many phone calls I have received from you at the following telephone numbers: _____________________________________________.
According to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, specifically 15 U.S. Code § 1692c, this is my formal declaration to terminate and cease all communication from you in regards to the debt you are attempting to collect.
In response to this ‘Ceasing Communication’ letter, in accordance with the Federal Fair Debt Collections Act, you may only contact to inform me that there will be no further collection efforts or to notify me that a specific action will take place.
Please be advised that I am well aware of my rights and know that any further contact by you or your company, except a communication confirming your acknowledgment of this letter, is in violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. In addition, any third (3rd) party that you use to coerce the collection of this debt shall also be in violation of federal law.
If you do not cease communication a lawsuit will be commenced against you.
This letter has been sent by certified mail with return receipt and shall be presented to any court of proper jurisdiction if communication is to continue.
Sincerely, ____________________

1 Like

Props to @Kim_Bailey for this template.

1 Like

Sorry for the delayed reply. Sweet! Thanks for this. Is it anywhere on the Debt Collective website though? Instead of in a post on the forums that is. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

There is stuff to fight private debt at tools.debtcollective.org too.

1 Like

Hi, the letters generated with the tools have language in them that I believe your referring to.

2 Likes