Organizers Tips, Questions and Brainstorms for LOCAL DEBT CLINICS

Hi and thanks for this report. Glad the debt dispute tools were useful for your community! Is it ok if we post these pics and your report on our blog space? https://powerreport.debtcollective.org

3 Likes

What an awesome report back. It is really great to see you all. Say hello and great job to folks.

solidarity,
Dawn L.

2 Likes

Hey folks.
I have been meaning to post the pocket size handoutsā€¦and here it finally is.

:sparkles::sparkles::sparkles: 2019 Debt Collective Handout for tabling or canvassing.pdf (107.5 KB) :sparkles::sparkles::sparkles:

Hope this helps for any ones next canvass or clinic.

1 Like

Hello all,

Just had a quick question about some follow-up I need to do. I helped a woman sign up for the debt collective and dispute two of her debts in September. She just called to inform me that one of the debtors is still calling her and made no mention of receiving a letter. Iā€™m meeting her at a local library in a couple of days to discuss. Should I direct her towards someone in particular?

Also, my apologies if Iā€™ve posted in the wrong place.

Thanks!
Elia

1 Like

yes you can send them to me and I will help them further.
dawn@debtcollective.org

Hi folks,
For those of you using the dispute tools that encounter someone Spanish speaking.

We have a Spanish version of our Video Explaining the Dispute Platform.

Here is a Spanish version of instruction on how to view the dispute letter.
CĆ³mo ver tu carta.pdf (734.6 KB)

This is a test message for members of the Medical Debt group.
@Generic_disputer
Can you please send a response if you get a notification.

Got the notification

1 Like

test - abolish medical debt!

1 Like

did you respond via email or did you log into the platform?

Logged into the platformā€¦

1 Like

I received the message as well.

2 Likes

I got it!

Hi Dawn!!!

<3

1 Like

Thank you everyone!!! :blush: I used the wrong command trying to test platform notifications to users. I am sorry to bother you all!

But HEY!.. hope the error gets folks back on the platformā€¦ We are working really hard to get this functioning so that it is easy and smooth for all of us.

Stay tuned for the real and meaningful stuff to comeā€¦

STILL TESTINGā€¦

@GenericDisputer2

@Generic_disputer

2 Likes

Got a notification

2 Likes